Apple Strudel Protein Pancakes November 08 2017, 0 Comments
This recipe was inspired by my German heritage, the holidays, and all yummy things that include apples & cinnamon. These Swolecakes are my current obsession & go to lately, so I thought I'd share the recipe with ya'll. It's simple, quick, & easy to create!
1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Apple Pie Spice
1 tsp Maca Powder
1/3 Cup Rolled Oats/Oat Flour *You can grind up some rolled oats yourself to create a flour.
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
3 Tbsp Chronic Strength Protein Crumble of choice
4 Egg Whites
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp Stevia
1 small Apple-diced
1 Tbsp coconut oil ghee
1. Combine the rolled oats & all dry ingredients; blend together to create a fine powder.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
3. Dice up one small apple.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well to create a pancake batter. Use about 1/3 of the apples to mix into the wet batter. Set the remaining 2/3 apple aside to sautee.
5. Heat up a small pan with a little ghee (1 tsp) and toss in the remaining 2/3 diced apples, once the ghee is warmed up. Stir occasionally so they don't burn. Add an extra sprinkle of cinnamon and apple pie spice to them as they sautee.
6. In a separate pan, heat up a combo of ghee & coconut oil. Pour the batter into the pan & cook until golden brown on each side.
7. Stack them on a plate, top with the warm sauteed apples and a sprinkle of our Chronic Protein Crumble! Voila!!
*I like to add a light smidgen of almond butter to the tops of each layer as I stack them.
Enjoy!! Ice cream is optional and would be so good as an added bonus!
I hope you like it & give it a try! If you do, I'd love to see how yours turn out, tag me on IG @swolepolk_chronicstrength, @chronicstrength, or @chronicstrengthproteinkitchen !!