Natural Apple Butter October 16 2020, 0 Comments
This easy crockpot apple butter is amazing and tastes just like fall in a jar! Plus it’s healthy and has no sugar added. It makes the perfect spread to add on top of toast, homemade biscuits, swolecakes (our version of protein pancakes), mixed into oatmeal, yogurt, or cottage cheese…you name it!
No Sugar Added Homemade Apple Butter:
7 Honeycrisp apples (or any other soft variety of apples you may have on hand)
1/4 cup water
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
2 tsp vanilla extract
Splash of lemon juice
1. Cut apples into thin slices, leaving the skin on.
2. Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg, & cloves.
3. Add water, vanilla extract, & lemon juice.
4. Gently mix.
5. Cook in crockpot on low for 8-10hrs. Or until the mixture is thickened & dark brown in color. I like to cook mine overnight, so when you wake up, it's practically done.
6. Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth or desired consistency; can also place the apples in a blender.
7. Taste & add any additional seasonings if desired.
8. Spoon mixture into glass jars & seal with lid.
It will keep for 2-3 weeks in the fridge & 4 months in the freezer.