Vanilla Swolecakes January 10 2021, 0 Comments
This is my go-to recipe when I'm craving pancakes or need to fuel up pre/post workout. They also make a great snack when traveling, or healthy breakfast on-the-go option, if you plan ahead. You can even freeze these to enjoy at a later date. This recipe is slightly altered & updated compared to the previous one posted.
Here's what you'll need:
1/3 cup rolled oats/oat flour (grind up rolled oats to create a flour.)
1 tsp baking powder
1 Scoop vanilla protein powder
1 Tbsp coconut flour
2 Tbsp Chronic Strength Protein Crumble (*This amount goes into the batter. If you're trying to replicate the pic, then you'll need more Protein Crumble to layer on top of your stack of Swolecakes.)
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp ghee (set aside & use to heat the pan with)
1. Combine the rolled oats & all dry ingredients; blend together to create a flour.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients & mix well using a wisk.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients & mix well-removing all lumps in the batter.
4. Heat up a small pan with approx. 1 Tbsp of ghee.
5. Spoon out batter onto warm pan. Cook on low/medium heat until you begin to see bubbles appear on the surface, approximately 2 minutes, then flip for another minute or two until golden brown.
6. Once golden brown, remove from pan & top with extra Chronic Protein Crumble or topping of choice. Enjoy!
I really hope you enjoy these Swolecakes! If you give them a try, please tag me on social media & use the #Swolecakes, I'd love to see how yours come out.