Protein Swolecakes July 15 2018
This is my go-to recipe when I'm craving pancakes or need a good balanced meal to refuel post workout. They also make a great snack when traveling, or healthy breakfast on-the-go option, if you plan ahead. Let's get down & dirty, here's what you need:
1/3 Cup Rolled Oats/Oat Flour (Grind up rolled oats to create a flour.)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
2 Tbsp Chronic Strength Protein Crumble
4 Egg whites
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp liquid Stevia
1 Tbsp ghee (set aside & use to heat the pan with)
1. Combine the rolled oats & all dry ingredients; blend together to create a flour.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients & mix well using a wisk.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients & mix well-removing all lumps in the batter.
4. Heat up a small pan with approx. 1 Tbsp of ghee.
5. Spoon out batter onto warm pan. Cook on low/medium heat until you begin to see bubbles appear on the surface, approximately 1-2mins, then flip for another minute or two until golden brown.
6. Once golden brown, remove from pan & top with extra Chronic Protein Crumble or topping of choice. Enjoy!
I really hope you love my Swolecakes! If you give them a try, please tag me on social, I'd love to see how yours came out.